A Heat Exchanger plays an important role in many industrial processes from chemical plants to water treatment. Their role allows operation processes to run effectively and efficiently. Today we want to look at how to get the most out your operations that involve Heat exchangers.
What is a Heat Exchanger?
Heat exchangers are devices that have been designed to move heat between two or more fluids. Heat exchangers play a pivotal role in industrial applications. They are used for purposes of heating and cooling of process fluids on a large scale.
The Efficiency of Heat Exchangers
The efficiency of your Heat Exchangers is determined by monitoring the ΔT (temperature difference) between the two mediums along with the mediums entry and exit temperatures. Our PR 5437 has been designed to accept dual inputs. You can configure it with the Heat Exchanger entry and exit sensors and accurately measure the temperature differential between the two sensors. The PR 5437 can be programmed to send an alert and or an alarm when a predefined maximum differential is reached.
PR Electronics 2-wire HART 7 Capable Temperature Transmitters
- RTD, TC, potentiometer, linear resistance, and bipolar mV input
- Single or true dual inputs with sensor redundancy and drift detection
- High accuracy across a wide ambient operating temperature of -50 to +85°C
- 2.5 kVAC galvanic isolation
- Full assessment to IEC61508: 2010 for use in SIL 2/3 applications