How to demonstrate the 4-20 mA analog output feature on the Kayden CLASSIC 800 series using a panel meter
The product being used will be the Kayden CLASSIC 800 Series Thermal Dispersion Flow, Level, Interface & Temperature Switch & Transmitter
The Kayden CLASSIC supports an analog output current loop (4-20 mA). This signal is an analog representation of the thermal signal as displayed on Thermal Signal Bar Graph on the Display Panel of the Kayden CLASSIC.
Please note that the 4 – 20 mA output signal corresponds to the scaled thermal signal view as determined by the range (LED – 0 and LED – 100 pointers).
The 4-20 mA signal may be displayed either as forward-acting (ascending 4-20 mA) or reverse – acting (descending 20-4 mA).
To view or adjust the 4-20 mA output current mode: (refer to the Quick Setup Guide or Product Manual)
- Press and release the SET button until the fault LED is flashing & the Run Mode LED is off.
- The thermal Signal Bar Graph now shows the 4-20 mA Output Mode.
- For forward-acting/ascending (0% = 4mA) the 0 – 25% LED’s are illuminated
- For reverse-acting/descending (100% = 4 mA) the 75 – 100% LED’s are illuminated
Connect a Panel Meter to display the 4-20 mA analog output feature on the Kayden CLASSIC 800. (This step is required only when connecting a meter to demonstrate the 4-20 mA analog output signal. These instructions are not part of the setup for the kayden CLASSIC 800.)
To demonstrate the 4-20 mA analog output feature of the Kayden CLASSIC 800 you will need:
- A Kayden CLASSIC 800 with the DC input power adapter
- The Quick Setup Guide or Product Manual for the CLASSIC 800
- A small (3-4″) length of (22g.) insulated wire for a jumper.
- Any small panel meter that reads mA (250 ohm load).
Connect your panel meter as follows
- Remove the Kayden CLASSIC Electronics Module from the enclosure to permit access to the wiring terminals in the base plate inside the enclosure
- Connect the jumper wire between LOOP+ and +VDC
- Connect the positive lead from the panel meter to the LOOP-
- Connect the negative lead from the panel meter to -COMMON
- Re-install the Electronics Module:
- With the enclosure right-side-up (conduit connection facing down), tuck the excess cable behind the LEFT SIDE of the base plate starting at the top.
- Making sure that all wires and the cable are not covering the connectors, give the Electronics Module 1/4 turn ccw to keep the cable between the connectors
- GENTLY push the Kayden CLASSIC Electronics Module into place. You should feel it click home with minimal force. If it will not seat, check the cable.