Water remediation is the process of cleaning, sanitizing, and restoring materials where the water damage has occurred. Water damage that is not treated can become hazardous. Mold growth, bacteria, and viruses can occur.
Groundwater is water that sits below the ground and saturates the pore space in the subsurface. Around 40% of the world’s drinking water is drawn from groundwater in boreholes and dug wells. This groundwater provides farmers with the water needed to irrigate their crops. Companies use it to manufacture their products. Groundwater contamination can occur from spills during industrial operations, leaking from landfills, and applications utilizing fertilizer or pesticides.
Groundwater remediation is treating groundwater by removing pollutants. There are different remediation methods (I.E. Physical, Biological, Chemical) but all have the same goal: cleaning polluted water.
Groundwater Remediation Systems
Horner Automation had a customer that needed a system to optimize their groundwater treatment operation. Pulling and pumping is a simple task but without proper equipment and tools, there are many factors and data being left to estimation.
The customer needed a solution that would:
- Monitor pump data
- Track levels of pressure and water
- Implement touch screen controls into the application
- Improve communication speeds to remote devices
The Horner XL7 OCS Controller has helped the customer:
- Save time by being able to quickly set up various tests (utilizing the save devices)
- Streamline their processes and procedures with versatile test systems
- Exceed their base requirements of digital I/O, analog I/O, PWM, and High-Speed Counter through an all-in-one solution
- Expand their department – they built 16 more Logic Control Systems after seeing the results of their first Horner-driven solution
Our team of experienced engineers can build systems and solutions to fit your organization’s needs. Contact our team today!