What is needed in this situation?
A rugged and reliable means for pump protection and monitoring. The pump (motor) when the inlet is dry / empty. Then automatically re-start the pump when the flow of the process material is restored. There is also a need for an alarm when blockages occur in the pipeline. Another need is to react to changes in the flow rate & temperature if desired.
What is the problem?
It is difficult to find one device that can be configured for a wide variety of flow conditions and will not require frequent maintenance
To perform well in this application the flow switch must resist failures caused by:
- Corrosion and/ or “sludging”
- Water contamination – feed water and cooling water often contain high mineral content and sediment
- Electromagnetic interference from motors (etc.)
- Difficult and/or controlled access points limit monitoring and daily maintenance
What is the solution?
Every Kayden CLASSIC 800 SERIES Thermal Dispersion Flow, Level, Interface & Temperature Switch & Transmitter is configurable by the user for flow, level, interface and/or temperature with air, gases, liquids or slurries. The digital electronics are configured by the user for each application and are 100% interchangeable.
- Unlike float, paddle or gap switches , Kayden switches are built specifically for demanding applications, remote locations and harsh conditions while providing remote user access.
- Easy display panel controls and an LED display make setup fast and easy
- No-moving-parts design and all welded sensors eliminate drift and sensor failures.
- Digital electronics provide precise adjustment and optimum repeatability. No calibration is required.
- Automatic, continuous self-diagnostics with auto-alarm function
- The kayden CLASSIC 800 may be set to alarm via either of the two (2) independent relay contacts and / or a 4-20 mA analog output, on flow (increasing) or no flow (decreasing).
- The heater power, range limits, and relay set point(s) are independently and incrementally configured and may be quickly and easily adjusted via the display panel push buttons (no trim pots!) This allows the CLASSIC 800 Series switch to achieve application-specific response times and to eliminate “nuisance alarms”.