- Redundancy measurement of temperature by means of two sensors, where the secondary sensor takes over the measurement when a sensor error occurs on the primary sensor.
- Duplication of the input signal, e.g. from a temperature sensor or an analog process signal to two separate analog outputs.
- Signal calculator with four arithmetical operations: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Example: Differential measurement:
(Input 1 * K1) – (Input 2 * K2) + K4
- Example: Average measurement:
(Input 1 * 0.5) + (Input 2 * 0.5) + K4
- Example: Different functions on the outputs:
Output 1 = input 1 – input 2, and Output 2 = input 1 + input 2
- Power supply for 2-wire transmitters.
- Within a few seconds, the user can program PR5115A to a selected application using the configuration program PReset.
- A green front LED indicates normal operation, sensor error on each sensor, and functional error.
- Continuous check of vital stored data for safety reasons.
- 5-port 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation.
Mounting / installation
- Mounted vertically or horizontally on a DIN rail. As the devices can be mounted without any distance between neighboring units, up to 42 devices can be mounted per meter.